Erika Williams’ detailed CV is available here. Highlights are set out below.
Recent key experience as counsel includes:
- acting as lead solicitor on a multi-million dollar construction arbitration involving over 1,000 separate claims and managing a large team of 12 lawyers and five barristers
- acting as lead solicitor in Supreme Court litigation in $60 million claim against a China and Hong Kong based fashion clothing retail group for unpaid consultancy and development fees
- acting in an investor-state claim under a bilateral investment treaty against a South American country for an Australian investor in a lithium mine
- acting for a coal trader in a misrepresentation dispute administered by SIAC
- acting in a dispute involving delay claims and standby claims in relation to an oil refinery project in Qatar under the JCAA Rules, including drafting detailed witness statements following which the parties were able to reach a settlement beneficial to our claimant client
- acting for Netherlands principal contractor against subcontractor in a dispute arising from termination of a construction contract under the Resolution Institute Rules
- advising and acting in relation to international commercial arbitrations under various arbitral institutions including ACICA, LCIA, UNCITRAL, SIAC and JCAA, and
- advising and acting in relation to complex issues arising in arbitration and litigation proceedings including obtaining cross-jurisdictional freezing orders and evidence in cross-border arbitration and litigation.
Key experience as Tribunal Secretary includes assisting Tribunals in the following matters:
- $10 million claim against the defence force of a Pacific Island nation in relation to a catering services contract where the respondent did not participate substantively in the arbitration
- USD$10 million repudiation claim involving iron ore mine and Chinese steel mill concerning an offtake agreement and involving a jurisdictional dispute
- arbitration under the Sugar Code involving the terms of a sugar contract between approximately 250 growers and the relevant sugar mill
- restraint of trade dispute involving the sale of a cleaning and facilities management business
- expedited arbitration to resolve a partnership dispute between unrepresented parties arising upon the dissolution of the partnership
- arbitration to resolve the finalisation of a 30-year lease of a caravan park in North Queensland, and
- expert determination regarding a warranty dispute following a multi-million dollar commercial real estate transaction.